Contact the agent if you'd like further information.
Strategic Marina Tourism Development Site
- Land: 1.2404 ha (3.07 acres)
Next Steps:Enquire with agent
Lot 58 Oceanic Way Jurien Bay is a 12,404sqm (1.2404 Ha) property, situated in the Jurien Bay Marina and approximately 200Km's North of Perth, Western Australia.
This property is adjacent to 57 prime residential lots of which 50 have been sold and several have had magnificent two storey homes already constructed.
The Seagate development offers these blocks deep sewer; underground power; telephone and water services.
"Excerpt from the Shire of Dandaragan Local Tourism Planning Strategy"
Lot 58 Oceanic Way is the only vacant Tourist zoned site within the Jurien Bay Marina. It is in close proximity to the coast and surrounding Marina.
USES & DEVELOPMENT
The Shire of Dandaragan Strategic plan identifies the Jurien Bay Marina as a key asset within the Shire of Dandaragan. It's development has the capacity to deliver significant social and economic benefit to the community as a tourist and residential precinct; integrated with a diversified fishing and marine industry.
The site has previously been subdivided to create 57 residential lots and 1 tourist lot (lot 58).
Lot 58 is elevated and development has the opportunity to take advantage of 270 degree views of the Jurien Bay Marina and the Marine Park.
Lot 58 is suitable to be developed for a high density building with a mix of ground floor uses to encourage pedestrian and promote tourism amenity.
Lot 58 Oceanic Way to be classified as a Non Strategic Tourism Site; and rezone lot 58 Oceanic Way from "Tourist" to "Special Use" and include Lot 58 within Schedule 4; Special Use Zones of Local Planning Scheme No. 7.
LOT 58 is THE GATEWAY TO A MARINE PARADISE which is a pristine playground for divers; recreational fishers and anybody who enjoys the beach. Features include beautiful coral reefs; along with crystal clear shallows around the Islands and shoreline; the white sand below the water gives a strong turquoise colour to the water.
The coral reef systems boast an abundance of high quality seafood being rock lobster, and prized demersal fish species such as dhu fish, snapper, break sea cod and blue bone groper to name a few.
Pelagic species such as Spanish Mackerel, Black Marlin, and Dolphin Fish have been caught by game fisherman who venture further out to sea in the summer months when the warm currents flow from the northern regions of Western Australia.
The islands and reef structures within 3 to 5Km's of the Seagate Marina make Jurien Bay a natural and beautiful playground for holiday makers and residents to treasure and enjoy. The colourful corals that grow on these reefs support many small species of sub tropical fish that are stunning for swimmers and divers to view.
Recent changes to the Rock Lobster Industry, with the introduction of the quota system, seems to have enhanced the ease with which recreational crayfishers catch their daily bag limit of 8 lobsters per licensed person.
Tourism is rapidly becoming a key factor in the economic climate of this region, with growth in interest and activity in many natural attractions and man-made tourism business's for example:-
- The Pinnacles at Cervantes, Natural limestone formations, visitors pa 297,000
- Mt Lesueur National Park, wild flower diversity, visitors pa 12,000
- Stockyard Gully Caves and Creek System, visitors pa 4,800
- Skydive Jurien Bay, 5,000 tandems pa
- Sea Lion Tours and snorkelling
- Turquoise Safaris, 4x4 scenic tours, sand boarding, fishing tours, fishing charters
- Jurien Bay Adventure Tours, Sand boarding and land base tours
- Chariots Of Hire, Segway hire on the bitumen cycle way, walkway from Marina to Beachridge
- Lobster Shack at Cervantes, lobster processing tour and sales
- Jurien Jetty Snorkel Trail, man made reef balls which were constructed and installed by the Jurien Bay Men's Shed, there is a lot of marine growth, crustaceans and colourful fish living in these reef balls.
1.2404 ha / 3.07 acres
Next Steps:Enquire with agent